Ready to improve your smile? We offer a variety of cosmetic options in house at all our locations. But we know the decision to get cosmetic dentistry is a big one, and many factors need to be considered, so here are the 10 things we think you need to know before getting Cosmetic Dentistry!
#1 Thing to Know : Why Do You Want To Cosmetic Dentistry?
Tips: Think about what it is that you don’t like specifically and what do you want to enjoy as a result. The clearer you perceive challenges and goals, the more we can succeed because we know exactly what we are working on together.
#2 You Need to Know the Three Types of Cosmetic Dentistry
Before moving forward with cosmetic dentistry, an important thing to know is the different types of cosmetic dentistry and which one might be needed to achieve your desired results.
- Natural: whitening and align your natural teeth
- Bonding: addition to natural teeth
- Prosthetic: Removing tooth structure and adding veneers and crowns or even implants
#3 You Need to Know How to Work with Your Dental Team to Make You Get the Smile You Want
Hint – It shouldn’t be a guess! You and your dental team should be on the same page every step of the journey. Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
#4 You Need to Know How Your Systemic Health Will Impact Your Cosmetic Dentistry Choices
Your oral health and your overall health are interconnected! It’s important to note that your medications, bone health, and medical history determine what procedures you are eligible for and how long your new smile will last.
#5 You Need to Know How Your Bite Health Plays a Role in Your Smile
No matter if you have an open bite, underbite, overbite or of the types of misaligned bites, it’s important to recognize the role your bite has played in creating your cosmetic dentistry challenges.
Cosmetic Dentistry will last longer if your bite is in the correct place.
#6 How Much Will It Cost?
Surprise! Cosmetic dentistry can cost as little as $100’s up to tens of $1000’s. Make sure you invest in discretion. Your dental team will discuss your options to be sure you know the full picture and what to expect before getting started.
#7 How Much Time and How Many Appointments?
Tip: Be careful with “same day” cosmetic dentistry. When going with a same day fix, materials may be compromised and you may run into design limitations.
This is your smile you are talking about! You want this work to last decades, don’t rush it!
#8 How Long Will It Last
Unfortunately there is no actual set in stone expiration date. The dentistry can deteriorate, or your teeth, gums or bite health can fail.
#9 What Behaviors Do You Have to Avoid After Getting Cosmetic Dentistry
Tips: You have to protect your bite so that force is distributed in a healthy way.
You have to be gentle! So chewing on decking screws… not recommended!
#10 You Need A Process That Makes Sure We Account For All These Important Steps
At Renken Dentistry we want to ensure you leave our office with a smile that not makes you feel more confident but is healthier overall. To ensure we know we meet this goal, we follow a 5 Step Process.
- Discovery Interview – understand you, how you feel about your smile and a thorough medical history review.
- Imagery – complete x-ray imaging and 3D scans to detect any underlying issues.
- Choose Cosmetic Dentistry Type – Using all the information we’ve gathered, we will present you with our plan, work on making it affordable and setting up the scheduled.
- Preparation and Try In – We review the plan and then prepare your teeth. We deliver your proposed smile and make sure it looks good that day. You will walk around for a couple weeks and make sure you like the tooth shape, color and arrangement.
- Approve and Deliver Your New Smile – Make changes in the proposal until you are happy and scan it in so the lab knows what to replicate.
To learn if Cosmetic Dentistry is right for you, Click Here to find the location nearest you, select Book Online and Select Cosmetic/Invisalign Consultation.